Money coming in can be one of the following:
• Donor grant
• Private donation or membership subscription
• A transfer from another bank account for your organisation
• Interest payment for the bank account being reconciled
• Refund on a payment made earlier
• Transfer to your organisation of money to be held in trust for someone else. (If for an individual, these should really be paid directly into a “Client Account” but this may happen by mistake. See “Client account” section under Other for more on handling money for beneficiaries.)
For reconciling these payments see: “Reconciling money in”.
For invoicing and related elements of grant accounting see “Donations accounting”.